Our minds were simply blown when we stumbled upon these stunning wide-angle photos of airplane suites, the majorly glammed-up version of your typical airline seat. They only made us more impatient for the December arrival of the new "Residence" suite class on Etihad Airlines.
The suites will allow plane passengers to roam through three entire rooms of luxury. YUP. Guests will have access to a private butler and inflight chef, their own living room with a sofa and dining tables, a bathroom with showers and robes, and full-on, freestanding beds with Egyptian cotton sheets.
The suites look like the pinnacle of luxury. We clapped. We squealed. We added them to our bucket lists. And then we wondered... how much do they cost?
A Residence suite on Etihad Airlines costs a reported $43,000. One way.
What else could you get -- or better yet, do for the planet -- with that money? Allow us to imagine...
- You could drink a pumpkin spice latte that costs $4 EVERY DAY for about 29 years.
- As a California resident, you could pay UCLA tuition for three years, with money to spare.
- You could buy a Toyota Prius (also with gas money to spare).
- You could adopt 17 miniature micro pigs (at $1,200 per pig), along with 17 Proenza Schouler Medium Bucket Bags to put them in.
- You could pay rent on a median-priced Manhattan condo for roughly 13 months, according to this StreetEasy market report.
- You could enjoy the 20-course gourmet dinner at Noma -- the best restaurant in the world -- for about 127 nights in a row (wine pairing not included).
- You could supply lunch for roughly 2,866 children in India for the entire academic year.
- You could buy about 358 pairs of tan suede Birkenstocks.
- You could hand out a Dollar Menu ice cream cone to the population of Annapolis, Maryland.
- You could have Simple Plan come sing at your birthday party.
- You could own 216 iPhone 6 devices that hold 16 gigabytes.
- You could get a volcanic stone massage for 50 minutes at New York's Four Seasons Spa every day for about four months.
- You could buy this private island in Maine... and 28 family-size blowup rafts.
- You could build clean-water wells for about three villages in rural Africa.
- You could fly Etihad's same Abu Dhabi to London route based on this average price -- round-trip, in coach class -- about 65 TIMES.
Now THAT'S a sweet deal.