Another one bites the dust.
Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell are the latest "Bachelor" couple to call it quits, according to Us Weekly. The pair, who met on Season 18 of the hit ABC dating show, have unfollowed each other on Twitter, with Ferrell posting a cryptic message on Instagram Sunday, seemingly confirming the split.
The Huffington Post has reached out to ABC for a statement and will update accordingly if and when one is received.
Galavis caused quite the frenzy following his season of "The Bachelor." The Venezuelan soccer player and single dad became a villain after he dissed his "runner-up," Clare Crawley, on the season finale before refusing to say he loved his final choice, Ferrell, during the "After the Final Rose" special. (As of September, he still hadn't told her he loved her.) Galavis also refused to follow "Bachelor" guidelines, opting out of post-finale press and announcing that he and Ferrell were "done with this show" following the "ATFR" in March 2014.
"I know culturally there was a huge problem there, a divide and language barrier," host Chris Harrison told HuffPost Live of the controversy surrounding Galavis. "But, with that said, he knew what was going on. He knew the situation, he knew the show. He knew what he had signed up for because he had been a part of it before," he continued. "He really wanted to control all of it, and you can't. On 'The Bachelor,' to be successful, you have to let go. It's a scary thing to do."
Galavis and Ferrell participated in the recent season of VH1's "Couples Therapy," but it appears their sessions couldn't save their relationship. As Juan Pablo put it:
Sometimes you WIN, sometimes you LOSE... You will ALWAYS learn...
— Juan Pablo Galavis™ (@JuanPaGalavis) October 26, 2014
Let's hope he follows his own advice.
UPDATE: A spokesperson for ABC declined to comment on reports that Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell have split up.