WEIRD NEWS
11/10/2014 12:39 pm ET Updated Dec 06, 2017

'Dingaling' Puts Glow Stick In Microwave, The Obvious Happens (VIDEO)

I am Jack's exploding glow stick.

A kid named Jack decided to put a glow stick in the microwave, and it exploded in his face. Jack's dad wasn't pleased, and spent the following three minutes reading the label of the glow stick to figure out what to do. The result is a sad but hilarious video uploaded to YouTube by Jack's older brother.

"God dammit, Jack!" the dad yells. "I have to see what to do, you dingaling! ... Not to mention it's all over your awesome shirt."

Luckily, Jack probably won't go blind. The chemical inside most glow sticks -- dibutyl phthalate -- is low in toxicity and causes only minor irritation if swallowed or in contact with the eye. Most poison centers recommend flushing out the eye with water for at least 10 minutes, and calling a poison control center if irritation persists.

Also: Don't microwave glow sticks, people.

Like Us On Facebook |
Follow Us On Twitter |
Contact The Author

CONVERSATIONS