Salons that cater to men and all their grooming needs are cropping up all around the country, offering guys a place to get a shave, manicure, or a casual back wax all in one stop. Instead of fiddling with complicated tools in the bathroom, guys can frequent these fine establishments to kick back and relax.
"Every time a man frequents Grooming Lounge or a similar place, it helps to lessen the taboos that once surrounded men taking pride in their appearances," Gilman tells HuffPost Style. He adds that such locations geared toward men should leave guys "feeling confident, rather than embarrassed," which could promote "future visits, recommendations to friends and a general spike in handsomeness."
If you or the man in your life is in need of some spa-like rejuvenation, check out these sweet spots below.1. Grooming Lounge is a DC-based lounge that can groom guys from head to toe. As an added bonus, the salon has a line of products AND its companion site provides stellar tips and expert advice. Find a shop, here.
2. American Male is the place for those who are nervous about bacne. The salon has a whole treatment for that, among other things, that will leave anybody's skin feeling nice and smooth. Find locations across the country, here.
4. Kiehl's, the skincare brand often celebrated for its products like the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, has a salon that is a refreshing spin on the traditional barbershop. Get a facial, a body polish, or maybe a trim for that massive beard. The Kiehl's salon is located in New York City.
5. The Art Of Shaving has a name that speaks for itself. With locations across the country, salons combine the brand's beloved products with "Master Barbers" who take male grooming to a new, classy level. Find a store in your state, here.
6. Roosters Men's Grooming Center has guys covered in the best ways possible. Sure, any hairdresser can give you a haircut, but what about one that comes with golf advice? Find more locations across the U.S. here.
— 18|8 Fine Men Salons (@188salons) November 15, 2014
8. John Allan's Premier Men's Grooming Club is a place where a guy can enjoy a cold one while receiving a Sports Pedicure, because getting pampered is so much sweeter with a drink in hand. Find locations here.
MEN’S GROOMING TAKE THE TOUR John Allan Men’s Club Beverly Hills, CA http://t.co/2dto7unwJM
— John Allan's (@JohnAllans) January 20, 2015
See more grooming tips and more on HuffPost Style's Pinterest!