04/07/2015 12:24 pm ET Updated Dec 06, 2017

How To File For A Tax Extension, With Jean Chatzky (VIDEO)

The deadline to file your taxes is near, but no need to worry if you need extra time to file.Jean Chatzky recommends filling out a 4868 tax extension form which will give you an extra six months to file your taxes. However, if you owe the IRS, you will still need to write a check by April 15.

For more of Jean's tax tips, view the slideshow below:

Jean Chatzky's Top Tax Tips

marlo thomas

See more clips

Add Marlo On Facebook:

Follow Marlo on Twitter:


Weekly Newsletter

Sign up to receive my email newsletter each week - It will keep you up-to-date on upcoming articles, Mondays with Marlo guests, videos, and more!

Sign up here