After a long day, no matter if you're a working or stay-at-home parent, dinnertime with a toddler can be a total struggle. First, you have to physically make the dinner as your child holds your leg. Then you have to actually have them eat it, which is a whole other ball game.
Really, parents of kids of all ages are troopers no matter what, but there's the particular pain of dinnertime you only know if you have a toddler running around. The struggle is real. Here's a sampling of some of the things all us parents think while "eating" with our kids.
1. Wait, you LOVED this chicken two days ago. Why do you hate it now?
2. When was the last time you ate a vegetable? I think it was yesterday. So maybe I don't need to force you to eat this broccoli? Or sh*t, maybe it was two days ago.
3. Who did I piss off in my past life to deserve this?
4. I didn't even notice that fleck of parsley/basil/name-a-spice that you're now actively picking off the food you aren't eating anyway.
5. There's more wine chilled, right?
6. Jesus, I'd kill to be force fed pasta and butter for dinner.
7. No, you can't have pizza for both lunch and dinner.
8. Or maybe you can...
9. Forks are overrated anyway.
10. No... no... noooo. Don't throw the meat on the floor!
11. Are all households like this?
12. How does such a tiny human make such a giant mess?
13. Yes, you can read a book during dinner.
14. No, you can't watch TV.
15. Don't ask me why, you just can't.
16. Is it time to go to bed yet?
17. Are waffles a legitimate dinner item?
18. Crap, I have to start the laundry.
19. I wonder if there's a Disney character restaurant nearby.
20. I bet French kids don't act like this.
21. Ugh, I DO love you.