Lisa A. Linsky
Lisa A. Linsky is a partner in the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery LLP in the New York office. As a member of the Trial Department, she focuses her practice on complex litigation, including products liability and toxic tort, civil and criminal trials, business investigations, client counseling and civil rights litigation.
Lisa is McDermott’s first Partner-in-Charge of Firm-wide Diversity, and created and chairs the Firm-wide Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Diversity Committee. Lisa also serves on the Firm’s Pro Bono and Community Service Committee. Lisa is a Member and Officer of the Board of Directors for Lambda Legal.
Lisa comes to McDermott with extensive trial experience. She was formerly with the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office, where she held the positions of Associate Chief of the Special Prosecutions Division and Chief of the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Bureau of the same division. Lisa had been a prosecutor with this Office since 1984, and has been recognized as an expert for her work in the fields of domestic violence, child abuse and sex crimes investigations and prosecutions. She has received numerous awards for her distinguished service, is a published author and has a wide range of public speaking and teaching experience in addition to her litigation skills.
Lisa is a sought after public speaker who presents nationally on a range of topics including law firm diversity and pro bono initiatives. In 2009, she was named a Mover & Shaker by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA), for her contribution to diversity as McDermott's first Partner-in-Charge of Firm-wide Diversity and chair of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Diversity Committee.
* Served as national and local counsel to a major corporate client, handling the toxic tort docket for its northeast region
* Managed NYC Asbestos Litigation defense on behalf of clients and actively participates in litigation of claims involving injuries from exposure to asbestos
* Developed an area of specialty in the defense of Fortune 500 companies and other corporate entities that are involved in asbestos personal injury litigation
* Represents a municipality in precedent-setting tax certiorari litigation
* Works with nonprofit organizations on investigative and litigation matters
* Represented an individual wrongly accused of murder in connection with state and federal civil litigations
* Represents clients with regard to regulatory compliance issues and conducts internal corporate investigations
* Counsels clients in avoidance of regulatory compliance citations
* Represents survivors of domestic violence in connection with applications for employment authorization and citizenship status pursuant to the Violence Against Women Act
* Represents clients seeking asylum based on sexual orientation and gender identity and expression
* Represents children in connection with educational proceedings pursuant to McDermott’s Kids First pro bono initiative
* Spearheads McDermott’s LGBT pro bono initiative
* In 2011, recognized by the NY Observer as one of NYC's Top 50 Power Gays