Chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, are healthy and fun to nibble on, and this recipe makes them spicy, delicious, crispy and super snackable. Serve warm, straight out of the oven, or store in an airtight container.
- 1 ½ cups dried chickpeas soaked overnight in cold water, or 2 (15oz) cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place chickpeas in a large pot with plenty of water - water should cover the chickpeas by a few inches. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook until soft, about 60 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Skip this step if using canned chickpeas.
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Toss chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake until crisp and crunchy, 20-30 minutes.