Getting "old" has its ups and downs. The positives of course are that you have your own money (or at least enough to pay your rent), and that you can literally do whatever you want (unless of course it's illegal). A twenty-something is by no means old, but those of us who have passed over the 25 hump may have noticed a few changes-both physically by our metabolism slowing (and froyo consumption on the rise), and mentally -- the things we worry about, the questions we have, etc.
Whenever I have a question I find myself looking to Google for the answer. Google's search engine answers more than one billion questions a day (now that's a lot of Googlin'). The Google search is a funny thing. Do you ever get so far into a search that you have to take a step back and wonder how you even got to that point? It is a similar feeling when you are 48 weeks deep in someone's Instagram (don't pretend you don't do it...we all do it).
Lately, I find myself Googling some interesting questions, things I never thought I would be wondering about as a twenty-something. While most of these are funny things that are starting to make me feel old, others are legitimate questions I have as I navigate through the adult world. The best part about this technology? The world is literally at our fingertips, and I plan to make the most of it.Let's start with the funnies...
- How do I fold a fitted sheet? Believe it or not, I actually care about my closets being organized and looking good.
- Do Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work? ---In case you're wondering- yes, they really do quite well.
- What are the side effects of too much caffeine? -I am a caffeine addict, and after my morning bout of the shakes I tend to Google things like above. Is there such thing as too much coffee in the morning? If too much coffee is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
- How can I be more like Lena Dunham and Amy Schumer?- These two ladies are the epitome of female empowerment. They take risks, they make people laugh, and they aren't afraid to be who they are.
- Where can I buy groceries online? As if I wasn't enough of a homebody, I have started to investigate how I can get groceries delivered to my front door.
- How do I get rid of cellulite without working out? Any health gurus have any ideas?
- How do I get a new license plate? It's the little things our parents did that we now take for granted? I recently had to register my car in a new state and quite frankly had no idea where to start...
- How do I invest money? And make money? Investing is something that intrigues me, but yet intimidates me. To be honest, I feel like I'm late to the game on this one, but starting to learn that investing your money seems like the smart thing to do, no?
- How do I make a budget and stick to it? If you would have asked me five years ago if I would ever be Googling things my parents harped on me about since high school I would have laughed...we really do come full circle.
- How do I know what is covered under my health insurance? Insurance is one of those things I wish we learned about in college. There are so many facets to the insurance world (health, auto, home, renters, life) that makes it tricky to navigate through as a young adult.