Muscles don't know if you're in a fancy gym or in your kitchen. These tips are designed for busy lives -- a minute here and a minute there add up. These are great ways to sneak in certain exercises throughout the day. Keeping your muscles toned works miracles for your metabolism.
- To get a firm bottom when you're walking up stairs, always skip a step -- you'll feel it more in your rear end. Always remember to squeeze your bottom.
- Keep a pair of 3-pound or 5-pound dumbbells at your desk and do lifts while you're talking on the phone, in between meetings, and so on.
- In your car, do tummy tighteners -- pull in your stomach muscles and tighten for five seconds. It's equivalent to one sit up.
- Do squats while you blow dry your hair in the bathroom.
- Do leg lifts in the kitchen.
- Hula hoop for your waist line -- it helps get circulation going and works the muscles of the entire torso. Play loud music and have fun with it.
- Use resistance bands for your arm workouts.
- Sit on a balance ball at your desk -- it helps engage your ab muscles. Then you can roll the ball back and do a few sit ups at the office, too.
Adapted from Side Effect: Skinny, exclusively available for purchase at www.thebooknook.com.
For more by Denise Austin, click here.
For more on fitness and exercise, click here.