The average price of a best-selling ebooks drops to $4.36, down from $5.96 the week heading into the holidays, on the first Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List of 2015.
The likeliest culprit? Discounts for last-minute holiday shoppers.
The reappearance of some of the year's top titles also suggests readers may have been spurred on by year-end roundups of 2014's biggest hits.
This week just one title within the entire top 25, The Escape by David Baldacci, costs more than $10.
The top ten best-selling ebooks of the week ending January 3:
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
2. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $3.99
3. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
4. American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle; Scott McEwen; Jim DeFelice (HarperCollins) -- $2.50
5. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Simon & Schuster) -- $6.99
6. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed (Penguin Random House) -- $6.15
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth (HarperCollins) -- $2.99
8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Penguin Random House) -- $1.99
9. Dark Places: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
10. The Pact by Karina Halle (Self-published) -- $0.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.