Twisting yoga poses aid detoxification, stimulate digestion and refresh the spine. This pose helps the spine, relaxes the diaphragm and stimulates liver detoxification.
Seated Torso Twist
1. Follow the illustration, hold the back of the chair and twist the torso away from the knees.
2. Keep the chest and spine lifted and exhale while rotating the torso into the twist.
3. Stay in the pose for about 30 seconds, then repeat on the other side by taking the legs round to the other side of the chair.
4. Do the pose on one side and then the other two or three times.
5. As you get more secure and familiar with the pose, experiment with rotating further into the twist.
6. Always exhale while moving further into the twist and keep the chest lifted
Dr. Lipman and the Be Well Team
Call Us: 888.434.9483
Wondering What To Eat?
This post details a sample meal plan, and Cleanse-friendly foods, recipes and snacks.
For more ideas visit this Facebook page -- it's frequently updated with Cleanse-friendly recipes.