Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Things I'm thankful for this year include:
- The Eagles are, in case you forgot, currently leading the NFC East.
- Geekman, The Lovely Ms. Geekman, and their brood Ms. Lily Fantastico, Duce, and Emmelia Bedelia will be joining us Life-Long Eagles Fan Mom and You-Two-Calm-Down-or-I'm-Turning-Off-the-TV Dad's for Thanksgiving, which means I can check to make sure my brother is properly schooling his offspring in all things midnight green.
- Chicks in the Huddle, and therefore I, got picked up by Yardbarker this year.
- In a season where people are dropping like flies, the Eagles are mostly healthy at this point (knock wood).
- The Cowboys don't get to play the Lions this year and thus are VERY likely to lose.
- All the great people who read this blog, here or in its various other locations.
- The Cowboys are currently last in the NFC East. And there's only ONE team in the NFC with a worse record. And for that, we must give thanks.
- And did I mention that the Eagles are currently leading the NFC East?
Up until I went 10-6 last week, I was thinking seriously about abandoning The System. I will say that that 12-1 week may have given me too much confidence. But I'm sticking with it for my picks at least one more week.
Eagles at Bears. I really hope Asante Samuel can go, because he'll have a field day picking off Jay Cutler assuming he makes it ON the field. The Bears do have the #3 defense, and that's something to be concerned about. Except the Eagles beat the team with the #2 defense last week, and that after cornering the market on dumb mistakes.
Oh - my pick? Eagles all the way, baby.
Get the rest at Snarkin' the NFL.