It happens to everyone at some point. You're in your flow and life is feeling good. Then something happens and before you know it you're waking up with a tightening in your chest and feeling like a deer in headlights.
Instead of over-analyzing and worrying yourself into a frenzy, here are six things you can do to break the negative spiral and turn things around:
1) Take a moment to decide how you want to feel. Decide right here and now that you can make every day feel upbeat or truly delicious if you want to, regardless of what's happening around you -- it's simply a choice.
2) Play with the idea that no matter what you do, you're going to have fun with it. We all have things we "have to do" or perhaps a commitment we need to ride out -- being playful and light of heart brings an easiness that helps you get back into your flow and it's there that the magic happens.
3) Change the way you prioritize. Do the quick and easy things first to create some momentum, then the things you really don't want to do and then bask in the tasks that bring you the most joy.
4) Choose to do more of what truly lights you up. So you want to write, start a business or learn a new language? Sit down every day for a scheduled amount of time and focus on your passion.
Remember, if it's not scheduled it's more than likely it won't happen. Help your passions become part of your routine by scheduling them and not allowing yourself to skip out of them -- they're vital to you getting your grove on and feeling lit up from within.
5) Get out of your mind and into your body. Whether it's getting outside and into nature or staying indoors and having sex -- changing it up and getting physical will clear your mind, burn off stagnant energy and bring inspiration; not to mention that certain smile.
6) Drop the expectation, take the pressure off yourself and decide there is no such thing as failure, only feedback. Above all else, as Paulo Coelho says: "Success is being able to go to bed each night with your soul at peace."