No one can make you choose to change. The choice is yours. You don’t want to look back five, 10 or 20 years from now and regret your decisions.
The seven choices below are not an exhaustive list, but they will help you through the process of change. No matter what you encounter on your journey towards living your vision, these seven choices can help steer you in the right direction, restore confidence reignite commitment and boost your energy even in the midst of obstacles and opposition.
The Seven Choices
1. Choose to expect more from life. If you desire to achieve your vision, your expectations must rise. Don’t ever settle with where you are. As long as you are alive there is more life for you to live.
People forfeit their vision because they expect little from their lives. Don’t settle for less than you are capable of doing. Even if you don’t achieve all your expectations, you will still gain a whole lot more if you expect nothing at all.
2. Choose to find solutions to your problems. I am not down playing problems. We all encounter problems in life. Instead of complaining or gripping about your problems begin to seek solutions.
Wasting time complaining and gripping does not resolve the problem, they only magnify it and delay the potential solutions. The best plan of action I discovered is to evaluate the problem, write down possible solutions and implement a plan to eliminate the problem.
3. Choose to be your unique self. Refuse to be a carbon copy of anyone. God did not meticulously design you to be an imitator. You are only required to become the best you that you can be. It takes less work and energy being you.
Don’t believe the media’s lies that you must look a certain way or act like a certain person. Accept who you are and live true to your uniqueness. You have more to give to the world when you choose to be your authentic self.
4. Choose to walk in courage and not fear. Fear attacks your life at different levels trying to persuade you that living your vision is impossible. Fear’s job is to beat you into submission with its negative and pessimistic voice.
Refuse to let fear win. Don’t enable fear to hold you hostage from living your best. When fear shows up; don’t give in, keep moving forward and let courage reign.
5. Choose to link with people that will help you grow. Success doesn’t happen alone. You need trusted people along the way. A strong support system will help you deal with the pit falls of life.
Don’t surround yourself with a bunch of ‘yes men or women’ who stroke your ego. Put yourself in the company of people who will tell you the truth, support your efforts and help your grow.
6. Choose to follow core values that are important to you. To become effective in your life’s journey you must identify, develop and prioritize clear and concise core values. Your core values are central to defining who you are, what you do and where you go.
Once you define and prioritize your core values, they should guide you in every aspect of your daily life. When you make a conscious decision to follow your core values you will not allow anyone or anything to persuade you to live against them.
7. Choose to take consistent action. Your vision will not happen because you think about or pray about it daily. It will not impact lives if you just write it down. You must take consistent action for your vision to have the effect it was designed to have.
Consistent action is not a one-time occurrence but it is a reliable, dependable and coherent approach to daily living that aligns with your unique vision.
If you are serious about making the necessary changes to maximize your life (spiritually, relationally, physically, socially, mentally, financially and professionally) these seven choices will help take you where you desire to go.
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” Denis Waitley
Question: What choices do you need to make to ignite your life?