HUFFINGTON POST
11/16/2015 02:16 am ET Updated Nov 17, 2015

Anonymous Declares War On ISIS After Paris Attacks

#OpParis has taken down more than 2,000 pro-ISIS accounts so far, the hactivist collective said Sunday.

After the Islamic State (ISIS) claimed responsibility for Friday’s wave of attacks that killed more than 130 people in Paris, the hactivist collective Anonymous declared war on the terrorist faction and its supporters.

"Make no mistake: Anonymous is at war with Daesh," the enigmatic hacker group wrote on Twitter over the weekend, using an alternative name for ISIS.

The group uploaded videos in multiple languages, including English and Italian, in which it vowed to "neutralize" the perpetrators of Friday's attacks. 

"We will not give up, we do not forgive," said a person wearing a Guy Fawkes mask. "Expect us."

Anonymous said Sunday that more than 2,000 ISIS-related Twitter accounts had been taken down in Operation Paris (#OpParis). Given the amorphous and secretive nature of Anonymous, however, the group's activities can be hard to verify and track.

The hacker collective has threatened to combat ISIS in the past. Last August, the group declared "full-scale cyber war" against the Islamic State, saying it would combat the terrorist network's influence on social media.

Since then, Anonymous has reportedly identified and taken down tens of thousands of pro-ISIS Twitter accounts. Some donation pages for the terror group, listed on the dark web, have also been shuttered by the collective, an Anonymous member told The Atlantic earlier this year.

 

PHOTO GALLERY
Politicians React To Deadly Paris Attacks
CONVERSATIONS