For Condé Nast Traveler, by Caitlin Morton.
Whether it’s a Gaudí-designed masterpiece in Barcelona, an underground cathedral in Ethiopia, or a tiny stone chapel in New Zealand, there’s no denying the aesthetic draw of churches—and these 20 incredible structures draw extra attention for their angles. Here, proof that a little faith (and a lot of artistic genius) goes a long way.
1. St. Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow, Russia
2. Hallgrímskirkja, Reykjavík, Iceland
3. Gergeti Trinity Church, Georgia
4. Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal, Canada
5. Church of the Transfiguration, Kizhi Island, Russia
See the rest of The Most Beautiful Churches in the World on CNTraveler.com
More from Condé Nast Traveler: