July 4th Quiz
It's the most exciting day of the year. Wear red, white, and blue, fire up the grill, and launch all the fireworks you can because it's Independence Day. Amidst all the excitement, how much do you know about the historical origins of this great US American day? Use this quiz to see how patriotic you and your friends really are. Answers can be found below the bio.
1) Who made the first American Flag?
a) Martha Washington
b) Benjamin Franklin
c) Betsy Ross
d) Paul Revere
2) Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
b) New York City
3) True/False, is July 4th the most popular day for grilling in the United States?
4) When were fireworks first invented?
b) 3rd Century
d) 7th Century
5) Who signed the Declaration of Independence first?
a) Benjamin Franklin
b) Samuel Adams
c) Thomas Jefferson
d) John Hancock
6) What colony was not a part of the original 13 colonies?
a) Massachusetts Bay
d) New Jersey
7) Which founding father proposed the national bird be the turkey instead of the bald eagle?
a) Benjamin Franklin
b) Thomas Jefferson
c) John Adams
d) Andrew Jackson
8) True/False, the majority of American flags are made China?
9) Who wrote the Star-Spangled Banner?
a) Paul Revere
b) Francis Scott Key
c) James McHenry
d) George Washington
10) According to WalletHub’s recent study using military and civics engagement as key indicators, which state is the most patriotic in the United States?
a) South Carolina
c) New Jersey
Sharon Schweitzer, J.D., is a cross-cultural trainer, modern manners expert, and the founder of Access to Culture (formerly Protocol & Etiquette Worldwide). In addition to her accreditation in intercultural management from the HOFSTEDE Centre, she serves as a Chinese Ceremonial Dining Etiquette Specialist in the documentary series Confucius was a Foodie, on Nat Geo People. She is the resident etiquette expert on two popular lifestyle shows: ABC Tampa Bay’s Morning Blend and CBS Austin’s We Are Austin. She is regularly quoted by BBC Capital, Investor’s Business Daily, Fortune, and the National Business Journals. Her Amazon #1 Best Selling book in International Business, Access to Asia: Your Multicultural Business Guide, now in its third printing, was named to Kirkus Reviews’ Best Books of 2015. She’s a winner of the British Airways International Trade Award at the 2016 Greater Austin Business Awards.
1)c 2)a 3)True 4)d 5)d 6)c 7)a 8)True 9)b 10)d