Keep this in mind whenever you look at the story of your life and see that it is either not going the way you expect it to go or you think that it will not end the way you want it to be.
Just like everyone else in the world, you have a story. From birth until now, your story has been written that contains everything about you. There have been ups, downs, twists, and turns throughout, but you are now here. You must ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I like my life story up until now?
- Do I feel like I am in control of my life story right now?
- Do I think my life story is going to end the way that I want it to be?
If you have answered no to any or all of the three questions above, then today’s inspiration is just for you. In talking about your life story, I want you to understand how you got here and how to take control and be the author of your life story. Granted, there will be some outside things that you will not be able to control, but if you can take the tools that will be given later, you can be the author who can be in control and make the adjustments necessary to be able to have and finish a life story that you and the world can be proud of.
Why has my life story not gone the way that I wanted it to go?
There are many variables to this questions due the fact that each situation and decision that you have made have brought different consequences. I want to give you four facts in order to help you answer this questions for yourself:
- Your life story consists of the decisions and actions that you and other people have made in your life since day one.
- Outside of your parents and/or guardians raising you as a child, if you always give permission to other people to write and control your life story, you will rarely or never be in control of what happens to you.
- As much as you want to control everything about your life, there will be moments where you cannot account for certain things, control everything, and know what the outcomes will be.
- If you are not flexible with your life story, you will miss out on various opportunities that were meant for you.
Your life story may not always go the way that you want it to go, but depending on why it is so, you must find a way to be in control of your life story.
What will happen when I am in control of my life story?
Depending on how you see it, this will vary depending on whatever you do. I will give you three more facts to consider about taking control of your life story:
- When you are in control, you become involved with what is going on with your life and can make decisions that can have a positive impact on other areas of your life.
- No matter what the consequences may be, being in control gives you the opportunity to make adjustments so that you can adapt to whatever life throws at you.
- Being in control will not mean everything will go your way, however, it does mean that instead of someone else making the choice for you, it will be your choice.
Taking control of your life story gives you power and ownership to claim and shape your life to the best of your ability.
How can I take control of my life story in five steps?
If you want to change your life and have a different ending than what you are seeing or projecting, it starts right here with you taking control of your life story. Here are five steps to show how you can do this:
- Accept your life story, from birth until now, as your beginning point. You cannot move forward until you start to accept your story and understand what were your roles and actions during the process of you getting to this point, whether you were in control or not.
- Decide where you clearly want to go in your life. Take time to think about, speak it out through your affirmations, and write to where you can see it where you want to go and be in your life.
- Develop your plans as to how you are going to get to where you want to go in your life. In your plan development, give yourself easy to follow steps that will give you a chance to be successful in changing and making your life story the best that it can be.
- Commit yourself to being the author and execute your life story moving forward. Through your affirmations and meditation, remind and mentally prepare yourself to be the author of your story until it is implanted in your mind.
- Add and subtract what you need in your life story moving forward. From this point and beyond, make sure to get the right people and things that will help you to take control and make your life story all that it can be.
If you follow these five steps, your life can take control and do it takes to change the outcome of your life.
Click on my link below to view more about today’s inspiration.
Also feel free to become a fan of the motivation and inspiration by clicking on my pages below:
Michael J. Fite – Bringing the motivation and encouragement one post at a time!
Michael Fite – Huffington Post Contributor wanting to make you a better person one post a time!