What is it about turning something into a chip that makes it so irresistible? Kale Chips – amazing. Almost as good as potato chips. Sweet potato chips? Love them! (Pssst -- you can make these sweet potato chips in five minutes!)
These apple chips do not disappoint either. They have the perfect crunch that keeps you coming back for more and more. Paired with the antioxidant power of cinnamon, these are a powerhouse snack for both kids and adults.
They take a little time to make but it is almost all hands off. Start them when you wake up in the morning and by 10 AM your oven will be free, and you’ll be enjoying a healthy morning snack.
All there is to it:
- Core the apples (if you want, but it isn’t necessary).
- Slice them super thin (use a mandolin if you have one!).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (and sugar if your sweet tooth is being needy).
- Flip them over and bake a little longer.
That’s it! Told you it was easy. We all loved these and will definitely be making them again soon.
You know what goes great with apples? Peanut butter. You've got to make Rachel's Peanut Butter Lover's Homemade Trail Mix Recipe to go with these apple chips for an awesome afternoon snack.
makes 2 servings Ingredients
- 1 apple
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Using a mandolin, slice apples very thinly. Core if desired prior to slicing.
- Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spread out the apple slices in a single layer.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for one hour, flip apple slices over, and continue to bake for another hour.
- Turn off oven and let slices cool in the oven for about an hour before removing from the oven.