New Year's resolutions are hard to maintain. We are very familiar with the routine where we feel Gung-ho about a change we want to make and a few weeks into the New Year, the resolution is already slipping away. Even having the desire to make a change, in my opinion, is praiseworthy and deserves a pat on the back. What to speak of actually following through on it, even if it only lasts a few days or weeks. Some change is better than no change. A little endeavor is better than no endeavor. If the resolution isn't made, then no action will follow. So, go ahead and make the resolution.
I am including some resolutions that will help us grow spiritually. Resolutions I plan on working on myself. Pick one, two, or all 10 and do the best you can with them. Good luck and a Happy New Year!
1. MEDITATE two to three times a week for 10 minutes by focusing on your breath.
2. Spend quality TIME with friends and family, in person or on the phone, at least once a week.
3. Consume COMPASSIONATELY, by eating only vegetarian food at least once a week.
4. Take time to write down and express GRATITUDE for the positive things happening in your life.
5. REFLECT on all the small and big ways in which people are helping you.
6. Feel JOY for another's success even if it is the same success you were hoping for.
7. Mend old RELATIONSHIPS by forgiving those who hurt you and by seeking forgiveness from those you hurt.
8. COMMUNICATE mindfully -- practice speaking in a way that is honest, helpful, yet doesn't offend or hurt others.
9. ANGER can lead to regretful behavior; so don't let anger get the best of you.
10. Don't become proud of your gifts. Instead, just BE grateful.
Call to Action: QUESTION THE DEEPER MEANING OF YOUR LIFE