It's that time of the year again where we muster up the strength and courage to make resolutions for ourselves that will allow us to improve and grow. Most of us already have a pretty good idea of our weaknesses, tendencies, and patterns, but we know all to well how difficult change is. It always helps to have an impetus for change. Perhaps the idea of a new beginning and a fresh start in the New Year can provide the necessary motivation to break the cycles we're trapped by.
Change requires hard work. Too often, in our endeavor for change, we bite off more than we can chew. We over commit and think that transformation has to be immediate and this is the mistake that will lead to disappointment. So, as we begin to make our resolutions, lets be realistic and practical. Pick a resolution or two and give it a go for one month and then renew it for another month. Once that becomes a habit just add another. With that said, good luck with your resolutions and wishing you all a very Happy and Spiritual New Year!
1. APPRECIATE the contributions, talents, and gifts that others bring to the table.
2. Be accepting of constructive FEEDBACK.
3. READ spiritual texts of another faith with an open mind.
4. Be open and flexible when CHANGE happens in life.
5. Set spiritual GOALS to meditate and pray everyday, even if it's only for 10 minutes.
6. Contemplate the presence of the SOUL in people of all colors, races, and genders.
7. Treat all ANIMALS -- dogs, cows, cats, pigs, and birds -- as if they were your pet.
8. Take steps to reducing your CARBON footprint.
9. Reduce your KARMIC footprint by living ethically and compassionately.
10. Aspire to TRANSCEND the cycle of birth and death.