My name is Gramma Good, which happens to be my real name! I am a 21st century grandmother with 18 delicious grandchildren who call me Honey. I am married to an exciting man who wears red-framed glasses and loves to take me shopping. How lucky is that!
I own my own style, hoard my classic clothes and use luxurious olive oil on my skin before bedtime. I take daily walks with my soft-coated Wheaten Terrier, Orchid, work out regularly and eat lots of salmon to maintain my physical health!
My emotional beauty routine is simple: I live in the present, make lemonade out of lemons and always have a purpose. I don't spend my time worry about aging; I worry about becoming boring! I spend plenty of time reading, traveling, cooking, sharing texts with my grandchildren, writing my daily blog and of course keeping up with fashion. And, to be honest, my list does not end there!
'Fashions to Avoid' is on my mind today. I love to share! I hope my tips will pique your fancy!
- Don't wear sneakers. Fine for working out. Period.
- Don't wear long skirts. A girlfriend of mine has a sassy personality and a very nice figure. Her style: long skirts. It ages her 10 years.
- Don't wear bland colors or multiple colors. My preference is monochromatic clothing with a pop of color in my jewelry, my shoes and handbags and my striking glasses. My French girlfriend, living in Paris, wears a light grey, pinstriped suit with pink heels and a pink handbag! I copy her style! Be daring and try it! As a side note, I stay away from taupe and beige.
- Don't wear boring glasses. Have fun with your glasses! Take risks. I tint the glass in my black frames blue and match my lenses with the color of my other frames; always making sure my eyes show. Glasses are an accessory that can add a great look to your style.
- Don't wear an old-fashioned hairstyle. Overly styled hairdos are out! Wear your hair in layers and any length that makes you happy. Subtle highlights in front will brighten your face. I think grey hair can be sexy, modern and beautiful. Use a grey enhancer and wear it long or very short. I am a dark brunette (natural) with grey (natural) around my face and subtle strands running through my hair.
- No unkempt eyebrows. Eyebrows thin as we age. I use a powder with brush to darken my brows and visit an eyebrow specialist for a tint and an arch.
- Tanned skin. Pale skin is in for looks and health. I spray bronzer on my legs in the summer.
- Less-than-white teeth. Teeth can yellow naturally with age. If you have this situation, ask your dentist about whitening options to brighten your smile. You can also buy over the counter whitening products. As the adage says, "A beautiful smile is worth a thousand words".
- Forget nude or beige hosiery. They are outdated, though in certain instances I wear them. Instead, think about using spray-on tanner or fishnet nude hose in the summer and opaque stockings in the winter.
- Never wear poorly fitted bras. Go to a professional fitter in a department store or private shop.
- Don't wear excess makeup. Thick foundation, heavy eyeliner and bright blush all add years to your life. Toss them! I use a tinted moisturizer with color during the day and a light bronzer for blush. I have greenish blue eyes so I wear shades of lavender and navy blue eyeliner. I have a white pencil I use to place a dot in the corner of each eye because I read it opens the eye and it really does. For lips I've read that for women over fifty it is wise to use soft pinks and mauves. I prefer not to. I wear color!
Hope you enjoyed this blog as much as I enjoyed sharing some of my tips with you!