The College Football season is down to it's final three weekends and things are getting interesting both on the field as well as at the box office. After Stanford's upset win against Oregon last week, the picture for the BCS National Championship has changed and now Florida State is on a collision course to face Alabama in the National Championship game. Alabama, however, still has a lot of work to do, starting with this weekend's game against Mississippi State. The game, which takes place at Mississippi State, is the seventh most expensive game of the week at an average price of $115. That's about $100 less expensive than Alabama's game last last week against LSU. It's also the most expensive Mississippi State ticket all season.
Last week, Alabama versus LSU was the most expensive game of the week, but nowhere close to the Game Of The Century in 2011, which was the last time Alabama and LSU played in Tuscaloosa. This week's most expensive game is the latest version of the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry between Auburn and the University of Georgia. The two teams first played each other in 1892 and have met nearly every year since. This will be the 113th meeting. After 113 years, amazingly, each school has won the same number of games, with the series record tied at 54-54-8. The winner this weekend will be able to boast the upper hand, and if you're looking to see the game live, it will cost an average price of $267. There's a lot more on the line for Auburn, and if they can get past the Bulldogs, they'll control their own fate to get to the SEC Championship game. To do that, they'll have to beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl during rivalry week. That game currently has an average price of $502, which makes it the sixth most expensive game in college football this season. It also $350 more the second most expensive game this week which features Texas Tech at Baylor.
At 8-0, Baylor is still in the BCS National Championship conversation and if either Alabama or Florida State slips, they'd likely get a shot at the title. In the program's history, Baylor has never finished higher than ninth in the country, which they did in 1951. In 2012, they finished 12th, behind the quarterbacking of current Redskin's play caller RGIII. Even if they don't get a shot at the title, this is history in the making for the school from Waco. This weekend, however, the game is on the road, at AT&T stadium in Dallas. While it's the most expensive ticket so far this season for a Baylor 'home' game, it's a lot cheaper than Baylor's December game against Texas in Waco. That game currently has an average price over $300.
There are 10 games this weekend with an average price above $100, the cheapest of which is Penn State vs. Purdue, at an average of $104. Another game of interest is Rutgers versus Cincinnatti. This will be the last time that the Scarlet Knights host Cincinnati prior to their move next year to the Big 10. Below is the complete list of top 25 games for the week, by average price on the secondary market.
- Auburn Tigers vs. Georgia Bulldogs - $267.40
- Baylor Bears vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders - $150.25
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Florida Gators- $139.66
- USC Trojans vs. Stanford Cardinals- $135.98
- UCLA Bruins vs. Washington Huskies- $129.17
- Oregon Ducks vs. Utah Utes- $126.14
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Alabama Crimson Tide- $115.12
- Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Michigan State Spartans- $113.83
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Michigan Wolverines- $107.12
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers- $104.72
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys- $96.38
- Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Maryland Terrapins- $71.50
- Louisville Cardinals vs. Houston Cougars- $67.06
- Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Kentucky Wildcats- $66.81
- Colorado Buffaloes vs. California Golden Bears- $62.80
- Oklahoma Sooners vs. Iowa State Cyclones- $62.12
- Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Oregon State Beavers- $59.63
- Clemson Tigers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets- $57.93
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Cincinnati Bearcats- $55.31
- Florida State Seminoles vs. Syracuse Orange- $54.57
- Duke Blue Devils vs. Miami Hurricanes- $54.00
- Boston College Eagles vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack- $53.46
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Indiana Hoosiers- $50.92
- East Carolina Pirates vs. UAB Blazers- $47.75
- Boise State Broncos vs. Wyoming Cowboys- $43.89