1. Santa is alive and well and keeping our kids from jabbing Legos into each other's eyes.
2. Thanksgiving break is not Christmas break.
3. She (or he) who cooks the turkey wins the most wine.
4. For one day, eating is an Olympic sport where everyone wins.
5. Extended time with our children helps us to appreciate waking up early next week so that they can go to that sanity-saving institution called school.
6. There is the ultimate hope that turkey actually has that sleeping ingredient in it and it will magically make our kids Close. Their. Freaking. Eyes.
7. The kids aren't completely out of their minds, because there are presents in their near future. (See: Thanksgiving break is not Christmas break.)
8. Pie. For breakfast.
9. You know your toddler will at least eat the cranberry sauce. I mean, probably.
10. If you make a big enough turkey, you don't have to cook until probably Valentine's day.
11. Extended time with our children confirms our belief that teachers are some kind of patient superheros or cyborgs or maybe even actual gods living among us.
12. The kids are pretty funny when they aren't being completely annoying. Like, right this moment, my 3-year-old is standing in the bathroom yelling "poop!" and "fart!" because we told her she has to go in there if she wants to talk potty-talk.
13. Grandparents = kids asking somebody else to listen to them play their harmonica.
14. Grandparents = kids asking somebody else to wipe their butt.
15. Grandparents = kids asking somebody else to play Candyland the wrong way with them for the billionth time.
17. The kids are so exhausted from the added effort of annoying not only their siblings, but their cousins too, that they most likely pass out at night in front of their Frozen marathon.
18. As parents, we are so exhausted from the added effort of not only yelling at our own children, but our siblings' children too, that we most likely pass out in front of our Game of Thrones marathon.
19. That five seconds of snuggling with your kids in the morning before someone gets an elbow in the eye and all hell breaks loose.
20. That school is open again on Monday.