Debate whether there are any "gotcha questions" here by taking our latest Week to Week news quiz.
Here are some random but real hints: From the folks who brought you the tea party; but keep it secret; next he'll outlaw losing a presidential race; and Mitt Romney was there to cheer him on. Answers are below the quiz.
1. Who hosted the GOP presidential debate on Wednesday?
a. Fox News
2. Who did the European Parliament say its member states should protect?
a. Edward Snowden
b. Angela Merkel
c. Yo-Yo Ma
d. Malala Yousafzai
3. This week, conservatives swept to power in what formerly communist country?
a. Czech Republic
4. Anonymous has threatened to release the names of 1,000 members of what secretive group?
a. Americans for Prosperity
b. Federal Reserve
c. Industrial Light and Magic
d. Ku Klux Klan
5. Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, who has endured two "John Doe" corruption investigations, signed into law a bill banning what?
a. John Doe political crime investigations
b. Coordination between political candidates and third-party political funding groups
c. Abuse of power
d. State funding of religious organizations
6. China's government has just doubled the amount of what that their citizens can have?
a. Fast food
b. Western currency
d. Rapid-fire rifles
7. Who disrupted a civil rights speech by Hillary Clinton in Atlanta on Friday?
a. Open carry activists
b. Black Lives Matter activists
d. Gay rights activists
8. Who was sworn in as the new speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday?
a. John Boehner
b. Ted Cruz
c. Paul Ryan
d. Nancy Pelosi
9. What did the Obama administration announce it is sending to Syria?
a. Special operations forces
b. Its best wishes
c. $8 billion worth of modern tanks and bunker-busting artillery
d. Stealth fighters
10. According to a new report from the World Health Organization, what do 3.7 billion people -- about two-thirds of the world's population -- have in common?
a. They will die before they reach the age of 25
b. They are considered "extreme high risks" for carrying avian influenza
c. They live in areas that will be underwater in 30 years due to rising sea levels
d. They have herpes
BONUS. What is cable channel Destination America airing the night before Halloween?
a. A live exorcism
b. A seance
c. An interview with a space alien
10. d (herpes simplex virus type 1).
BONUS. a (though a Roman Catholic bishop says it's not sanctioned by the church, and "any attempt to use the solemn Rite of Exorcism as entertainment exposes all participators to the danger of future hidden satanic attack").
Want the live news quiz experience? Join us Wednesday, November 4 at noon in downtown San Francisco for our next live (and lively) Week to Week political roundtable with a news quiz and a social hour at The Commonwealth Club of California. Panelists include Joe Garofoli, Josh Richman, and Debra J. Saunders.
Explanations of the hints: From the folks who brought you the tea party: an on-air rant by a CNBC correspondent is credited by many as helping fuel the beginning of the populist tea party movement; but keep it secret: Snowden released American secrets; next he'll outlaw losing a presidential race: Walker made it illegal to use John Doe investigations to look into political crimes; and Mitt Romney was there to cheer him on: Romney was present at the swearing-in of his 2012 presidential running mate, Paul Ryan.