Avoid the crowd protesting your speech and take our latest Week to Week News Quiz.
Here are some random but real hints: she filled in for her real-life counterpart; dealers should never use their own drugs; it was not a huge success; and Patti Davis opposed it. Answers are below the quiz.
1. Who was greeted in California by protests that at times got violent?
a. Ohio Governor John Kasich
b. Senator Bernie Sanders
c. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko
d. Donald Trump
2. In an effort to publicize substance abuse, who appeared in the White House press briefing on Friday?
a. Singer Justin Bieber
b. Will Farrell impersonated Nancy Reagan doing her "Just Say No" speech
c. Allison Janney reprised her character C.J. Cregg from The West Wing
3. What country this week pledged an overhaul of its economy to end its "addiction to oil"?
a. Saudi Arabia
c. United States
4. Why was the Large Hadron Collider, the world's largest atom smasher, shut down temporarily on Thursday?
a. Ted Cruz cut off U.S. funding for the international project
b. Support staff staged a walk-out over allegations of widespread sexual harassment
c. A weasel got into a transformer
d. It is being refurbished before it is put up for sale
5. Which two candidates made a pact to prevent their party's frontrunner from amassing delegates?
a. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren
b. John Kasich and Ted Cruz
c. Lindsey Graham and Bernie Sanders
d. Hillary Clinton and Jim Webb
6. What did former House Speaker John Boehner call Senator Ted Cruz?
a. "An officer and a gentleman"
b. "My biggest adversary, my best friend"
c. "Like Santa Claus visiting the Martians"
d. "Lucifer in the flesh"
7. How did Hillary Clinton's campaign respond to Donald Trump's accusation that she was playing "the woman's card"?
a. Raised money by selling actual "Woman cards"
b. Accused Trump of playing the "billionaire man's card"
c. Ignored it
d. Issued a press release calling him the "joker" in the "woman's deck of cards"
8. What role did actor/comedian Will Farrell drop after its announcement caused a storm of protest?
a. He was to play Caitlyn Jenner in a Lifetime biopic
b. He was to play Ronald Reagan in a new film
c. He signed on to be the new voice of Bart Simpson
d. He was going to headline a 13-week run of Hamlet on off-Broadway
9. Why did the Pentagon punish 16 U.S. military personnel?
a. An accidental bombing of an Afghan hospital last fall that killed 42 people
b. They were involved in a $31 million meth network
c. They failed new Common Core testing at West Point
d. They refused to serve in Syria
10. Astronomers say they have found the first-ever example of what?
a. Signs of plant life on an extra-solar planet
b. A black hole at the center of our galaxy
d. A comet without a tail
BONUS. What famous Californian was rejected by the state legislature for an honorary holiday?
a. Former Governor Ronald Reagan
b. Heiress Patty Hearst
c. Actor John Wayne
d. Actor Will Farrell
BONUS. c (opponents cited racist comments Wayne made in a 1971 Playboy interview).
Want the live news quiz experience? Join us Monday, May 16 in downtown San Francisco for our next live (and lively) Week to Week political roundtable with a news quiz and a social hour at The Commonwealth Club of California. Panelists include Hoover Institution's Bill Whalen.
Explanations of the hints: she filled in for her real-life counterpart: C.J. Cregg was the White House press secretary on the TV show; dealers should never use their own drugs: the oil-producing heavyweight is trying to be prepared for the end of the oil economy; it was not a huge success: the Cruz-Kasich pact fell apart almost immediately upon being announced; and Patti Davis opposed it: Reagan's daughter publicly asked Farrell not to make fun of her late father.