Multi-level marketing has gotten a negative reputation for many reasons. Everywhere we go, someone is selling the next life-changing skin care line, oil product line, weight loss shake, along with everything in between. People are blowing up our phones and Social Media accounts with the same beautiful message, "You don't want to miss out on this opportunity! I'm going somewhere amazing and I want to take you with me." As consumers, we immediately become turned off and never want to hear another word about these products. What's even worse is that we can find ourselves losing respect for the salespersons completely. Their entire identity is changed in our minds. They become known as the "vitamin guy" or "skin care lady" and we no longer want anything to do with them or any product they represent, or at least that's the way I've felt for a long time.
As a business consultant who owns a wellness education company, I probably receive the "next best thing" email at least 3 times per week on average. I was completely "over" it and wanted no part of any of these so-called schemes. Then, I fell in love with a product that was only available through multi-level marketing (MLM). It happened to be a wellness product that literally had better ingredients than the healthy food options we have in stores. It helped me lose weight, increase my energy, and completely detoxified my system of food addictions. The products left me craving healthy food and feeling even better than ever. I had a passion for sharing these products but was extremely skeptical of network marketing.
I loved everything about this company and this product, so I decided to sign up on my own terms. I was led to a team that truly inspired me and whose leader was one of the world's most authentic, heart-centered leaders. Immediately after joining the company and the amazing team, a light bulb went off in my head. It wasn't the businesses or the products that are being offered by MLM, but the approach some of the sales people took that turned me off. I decided as a business consultant that it's important for me to understand all business models because of my passion for teaching authentic heart-centered business to my clients, so I decided to put my best foot forward and truly work the business in a heart-centered way. In eight short weeks, I've rank advanced 3 times and hit a milestone within the company that only 10 percent of its representatives ever achieve; this is why I believe I will have amazing success with this company and how I will approach it from my heart.
1. I don't push my product or service on everyone. If I strongly believe it will help you, I will share it with you. If it's not your time, I'll simply be there when you are ready.
2. I educate my clients before I sell or push my products. I don't approach them as if I'm on a train that might leave them behind.
3. I don't stand by products to make money. I stand by the ones that are going to truly save the world; the money I earn is an added bonus.
4. I begin by researching the company: How long have they been around? Are the founders business professionals, doctors, or scientists? What does the Better Business Bureau say about this company? If it's a nutritional product what does the nutritional guide say about it?
5. I do not think I'm better than anyone that chooses not to do my business. This business is not for everyone and I don't act like it is.
6. My up-line is honest and heart-centered. I desire for them to be as successful as me, so I work hard for them. I trust them to help me make the best decisions for me, not just for them.
7. My team leader does not treat me less than anyone on the team. He treats us all equal and checks in to ensure that we are reaching our goals.
8. I get excited to reach goals, not because of the money but because I know it elevates my entire team.
9. I create events to educate my clients about the products but I give them other options if the products are not right for them.
I honestly feel that MLM can be very lucrative as a full-time business, part time addition to existing business, or something you do on the side. If this business model can be shared in an authentic, heart-centered way instead of being ran on lies and pushy tactics, it literally can change the economy as we know it today.
If you are interested in starting or growing a heart-centered business, I always offer a free 30-minute strategy session so that you can hit the ground running. I have helped hundreds of entrepreneurs from all over the world create and grow numerous types of businesses.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com to schedule your free session.