1. Put in writing what type of relationship you hope to find -- both short term and long term.
2. Be committed to spending time daily looking for potential dates, whether online or in the real world. I recommend setting aside at least 15 minutes each day.
3. Stop making excuses for not dating. Instead, just go out there and try it!
4. Realize the limiting beliefs you hold about the opposite sex may be keeping you from finding the great person out there who is waiting for you.
5. Understand there is a difference between what Hollywood teaches you about men and women finding love and reality. Hollywood's version doesn't exist!
6. Don't be overly perfectionistic about the people you date. We all have flaws.
7. Figure out your deal breakers and only take potential matches off your list of possibilities when they possess deal breaker qualities. Otherwise, give a good guy or gal a chance.
8. Get out of your comfort zone and date people who are different than your usual type.
9. Be extraordinary! Show your best side in your online dating profiles and when you are on dates.
10. Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. Henry Ford said this about developing cars. It's true for every aspect of your life, including dating.
11. Stop having Shiny Penny Syndrome, thinking there is always someone better out there for you. You might miss great women or men this way.
12. Never be married to an idea of who the person in your life must be.
13. Know the current dating rules that will make you successful at finding love again after 50. Yes, there are rules. No, you weren't handed them with your divorce papers. That's where relationship experts and dating coaches can be helpful.
14. Don't be too transparent on a first date by revealing all the good, the bad and the ugly about yourself. There's a time and a place for everything.
15. Go from invisibility to Rock Star Visibility with a great picture and profile online!
16. Be Teflon-coated by knowing some people will like you and some won't. Let it slide off you, knowing you are one date closer to finding the ONE you are looking for. Sometimes it takes kissing a few frogs along the way to find the one you want.
17. Every date is a learning experience and a chance to meet someone new and interesting.
18. Be courageous and go after your dating dreams.
19. Have a dating strategy in place for finding Mr. or Ms. Right.
20. Be willing to get dating help and support from friends, family, a therapist or a dating coach. We are all here to help you make your dating journey a success!
Lisa Copeland is the Dating Coach who makes over 50's dating fun and easy. Find out more about creating your own dating strategy at www.FindAQualityMan.com.