"Mama, I want some milk."
As I look at my daughter, my ever-growing and ever-learning little bean, it becomes more and more apparent that she is no longer the baby I once cradled in my arms. Her baby-squidge is being replaced by cheekbones and her proportions are slowly but surely becoming more childlike. Gone are the days when all she had to do was turn her head to root for milk, or a little later, drum my chest with a knowing smile. She has words now, and she isn't afraid to use them.
So when I asked on my Facebook page about the names that other nurslings have for breast milk, the following gems (among others) brought nothing but smiles to my day...
1. "Mine" - Enough said.
2. "Muk" - Cow's milk is "muk on da table."
3. "Drinkles" - Cuteness.
4. "Eats" - Solid food is "bites."
5. "Side" - Accurate.
6. "Nice Nice" - Because it is. Thumbs up to this...
7. "Buddy" - Everybody needs a friend.
8. "My Booby" - See number 1.
9. "Milkies" - The familiar.
10. "Mama Milk" - The original.
This post originally appeared on Mama Bean Parenting.