As female entrepreneurs, most of us are looking for ways to market our business online with heart rather than sleaze or push. Well, there is one way of online marketing that does just that! This way of marketing will never go away, it will rule the market; time and time again! This way of marketing will get your business out there by providing value from the heart instead of sleazy sales tactics!
The online marketing technique I'm referring to is... drum roll please... Content Marketing!
According to copyblogger.com:
Content marketing means creating and sharing valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers. The type of content you share is closely related to what you sell; in other words, you're educating people so that they know, like, and trust you enough to do business with you.
If you're looking for the fastest way to connect with your ideal clients online, then content marketing is for you! Using this type of marketing is a wonderful way to make an impact on your audience. This is because you are inspiring and engaging them with original content that you have created! I hope you are ready to take your business to the next level because with these tips you will begin to get the attention of your ideal clients!
Take these action steps to use content marketing as a tool to take your business to the next level!
- Tell your story- Be open and transparent about your business story. Where did you start? Where are you now? Where were your clients before they started working with you? Where are they now? If your story inspires someone, they are more likely to be inspired to say yes to working with you.
- Share your opinion- Feel some type of way? Express it. It's always good to share your opinion because people who share the same opinion will flock to you and become loyal followers.
- Give tips and tricks- Provide valuable and actionable content. This almost instantly positions you as the expert on the topic. You want to be seen as the expert because when people need help with something, they go to an expert.
If you are wondering where to come up with ideas and to figure out what content your audience wants, I got you covered!
One way I have found to research what my ideal client likes is with Facebook Graph Search. People share everything on Facebook and it's a great tool to use for growing your business. You have to give the consumer what they want and like. The only way to do this is to research what they want and like. Simply search keywords pertaining to your niche. All the posts with those keywords will come up. You can also search within groups where your ideal client hangs out. What are the questions or concerns pertaining to your niche? Address those questions and concerns with your content marketing.
Disclaimer: DO NOT use Facebook graph search to stalk potential clients and/or hound them with your pitches. Eww! That's just spammy, you'll never get clients like that! Instead use the information you gather within your content marketing and use it to attract them naturally!
There are loads of ways you can create content that will be consumed by potential clients. Here are some of the most popular ways to use content marketing online.
- Blogs- An article on your website.
- Vlogs- A video on your website, Facebook, + Youtube.
- Podcast- An audio on your website, iTunes, + SoundCloud
- Social media post- A post on one of the many social media platforms out there.
- Freebies- Free, valuable content closely related to your products or services. This can be in the form of a video, audio, checklist, cheat sheet, etc.
This is how you use content marketing to take your business to the next level! Be open, transparent and give value!
Do you use content marketing in your biz? What types of content marketing has brought you the most success, comment below!
Maryanne Elizabeth is an Online Business Coach who helps female entrepreneurs get to the next level of their business without fear, stress, or overwhelm. If you are ready to step your business game up, the first step is being visible and getting over your fear of it. Take Maryanne's free 5 day Next Level Visibility Challenge!