Fall is here and tweed is in the air, even on your nails! I brought nail artist Amie Morimoto onto DIWhyNot to show us how to do this totally DIYable technique. Try these fun fall nails and let me know how they turn out!
- Black nail polish
- White nail polish
- Clear top coat
- Slanted tip brush
- Tiny pointed brush
DO IT! Tweed Nails:
- Paint a base coat of white polish and let dry.
- Using the tiny pointed brush and black polish paint short vertical and horizontal lines over your white base coat. Basically mimicking imperfectly painted hashtags #. Let dry.
- Repeat step 2 using a grey color (mix the black and white polish) and create more vertical and horizontal stripes but do less than you did with the black polish. Let dry.
- Repeat the hashtag lines one last time using white polish but just do a few here and there creating the final highlight. Let dry
- Seal design with a clear topcoat
- For the V french tips, use the slanted brush and black nail polish (or color of your choice) to achieve the V shape. Do two coats of color. Let dry
- Seal with a clear top coat.