Once again, politicians are quietly scheming about ways to implement Wall Street austerity plans, including cutting important systems like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.That's why we're asking every member of Congress to promise:
- NO benefit cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
- NO tax cuts for the top 2%.
But, we need your help to do this.
- We are asking folks to sign a petition by Sen. Bernie Sanders at www.signon.org/nocuts. The petition will be delivered to every member of Congress, but much more importantly we will have one pool of people who want to fight the grand bargain. We will be communicating with signers about upcoming opportunities to take action.
- Next, we want you to call your senators and your representative. You can find their numbers below. Be polite and ask the staffer if their boss will promise NO benefit cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid AND NO tax cuts for the top 2%. Obviously, if you have an opportunity to talk to your senators or representative in person, politely ask them to take the promise. If you have a video camera or a smartphone, take video of your question and answer.
- Report back by emailing lameduck@socialsecurityworks.
KEY: Green= Good, Yellow= Unknown, Red= Bad