Summer is right around the corner, which usually means a greater focus on tightening up our tummies and getting ready to rock the two-piece (or boardies for the guys). Luckily, this will not require hours of gym time. All it takes is a few simple moves to tone up the core and burn off the winter coat!
1. Come onto your forearms with hands clasped and feet hip-width apart. Form a straight line with your entire body. Engage every muscle and take deep breaths.
2. Hold for 30 seconds to one minute.
1. Come onto your right side with elbow under shoulder and wrist directly out from elbow. Lift your hips high off the ground.
2. Engage your core and glutes the entire time. Hold for 30 seconds each side.
1. Come into a straight arm plank with wrists under shoulders and feet hip-width apart. Touch your right hand to left shoulder. Come back to center and switch sides.
2. Keep your hips still and core engaged the entire time. Perform 20 reps each side.
1. Lie flat on your back with legs straight. Lift right leg off the floor and as you lift shoulders up. Reach left hand to right leg. Twist through your waist.
2. Lower back down to the mat and lift left leg off the mat. Repeat the movement for 1 minute on each side.
1. Come into a seated position with knees bent and arms extended out to straight. Twist toward the right side, keeping hips facing forward.
2. Come back to center and twist toward the left side. Engage core and glutes the entire time. Perform the twists for 1 minute each side.
Repeat the entire routine two more times.