It seems to me that we have a lot of new stars coming from across the pond: One Direction, Cher Lloyd, Little Mix, Ed Sheeran, The Wanted, Olly Murs and plenty more!
1. The Accents: I mean, who can resist a British accent? From the fantastic One Direction to stunning Cher Lloyd and to the astonishing Ed Sheeran, you can't help but wonder, do they know how lovely their accents sound? We can only hope that they will like our accents (even though I don't think I have one) as much as we like theirs.
2. The Clothes: Who doesn't love some cute boys in some ﬁne-looking suits? One Direction and The Wanted have that covered. Talk about wearing the best clothes! What more can I say? I absolutely love the way the Little Mix dresses! Their outﬁts are so cute and trendy. Now what I want to know is -- where can I buy it?
3. Their Use of Vocabulary: As Americans, we have some pretty strange uses of words, but after the British invasion, I have learned new uses for many different words and many new words. For example, I never had heard the word "cheeky" before One Direction. Now, sometimes I ﬁnd myself saying it! Well, the only thing I can say to that is, the British invasion is increasing my vocabulary, which means I have a better chance of getting a better score on my SAT's and therefore, I will get into a good college. Way to make assumptions, Rachel.
4. The Good Looks: Now, in my opinion, I believe that most, if not all, of the British stars are really ﬁt. Well, One Direction, of course, are some of the best-looking boys I have seen! The Wanted boys and Olly Murs are also very attractive. The girls of Little Mix and Cher Lloyd are all absolutely gorgeous. Who doesn't love Ed Sheeran's red locks? I don't think that I have met anyone who doesn't. All I can say is, why are these British stars so fantastic?
5. They Are Just Like Everyone Else: Although our British friends may live across the Atlantic Ocean, they are just like all of us in America. They are crazy, funny, caring, healthy, considerate, etc. Even though these people might be talented singers and songwriters, everyone has to remember that they are just like you and me, which means that we are all humans. They have feelings and they probably feel many of the same emotions that you do. I'm sure that Ed Sheeran misses his family back home when he is on tour and you miss your family if you go to sleep away camp during the summer. See? It's a different situation, but you practically feel the same. This proves that no matter where you are from or who you are, a human is a human!