There was an article in The Huffington Post this summer about why I should have sex with my husband every night that made me roll my eyes out of my head. Like, I think I sprained something.
Power to that woman and her husband. But gobsdangit, she just convinced about 8 million husbands that they should be gettin' some on every day that ends in Y.
Disclaimer: I'm a happily married woman of 17 years who gives and gets it from her hubs plenty. So there.
But here's my list on reasons not to have sex.
1. I haven't showered.
2. It's Tuesday.
3. I had to clean the cat box earlier.
4. I have gas. Again.
5. I'm constipated.
6. I'm feeling bloated.
7. I had to put the kids to bed.
8. I made dinner.
9. I did the dishes.
10. I'd rather watch Downton Abbey.
11. I had to go to our kids' school and it was exhausting.
12. I had to go grocery shopping.
13. I just washed the sheets.
14. I ate too much bread today.
15. The dog is snuggling me.
16. Our son is sleeping on our floor again after his nightmare.
17. It's Thursday.
18. We did it last week. Or month. Whatever.
19. You promised me a back rub and only a back rub.
20. I need to exfoliate my face.
21. I'm tired.
22. We talked about our financial situation.
23. I'm worried about a UTI.
24. I just showered.
25. I painted my nails and they're still wet.
Well, I could go on and on. Couldn't you? I mean, let's not get carried away. Sex is natural, sex is fun, just like George Michael sang. But good gracious, I've got things to do. I'm middle-aged and tired. I don't need no 20-something who hasn't found her first gray pubic hair, or crows foot, telling me what to do. If he wants sex every night, he can have it. By himself. But see, even he's too tired for that. So there you go. It's called life. And nobody needs to tell you what to do. So there.