Online dating provides great opportunities for those looking for a relationship, but there are some things to avoid including on your dating profile.
Online dating is an exciting opportunity to show off your personality before physically meeting people, but the strength of your profile is a major indicator of your success. While your dating profile should be a unique and personal reflection of who you are as a person, it doesn't mean you should include every little detail about yourself for the world to see.
Here are five things to avoid including on your online dating profile:
1. Lies. It should go without saying, but it is tempting to lie about yourself on the Internet. It's easy to slip a handful of white lies into your dating profile, but that doesn't mean you should. It's important to be as honest as possible in your profile. Otherwise you'll give a false impression.
2. Bad grammar. You don't need to be a perfectionist, but make sure your profile is written in understandable English. Too many egregious errors will be a turn off for potential daters.
3. Previous relationships. Don't spend time hating or whining about your ex on your dating profile. It's a major turn off for other online daters, and it makes you seem fixated on the past. Instead, embrace the future.
4. Cliches. Cliches are terrible for online profiles. Avoid all those common phrases and descriptors -- even if it seems flattering, it will make you look unoriginal or fake.
5. Blanks. Leaving information out is just as bad. Don't leave blank sections of your profile -- show off your personality!
Keep your online profile free of these five things, but otherwise -- be yourself! This is your opportunity to shine.