Summer travel workout:
I don't have time to go to the gym.
You are saying this to yourself while you are getting ready to leave for the weekend. Or perhaps you don't want to go to the gym. Either one is fine, yet there are solutions for it.
Rubber bands are light to carry, provide you with different resistances and are cheap to buy. You can workout at the beach, by the pool or at your home. It really is the on-the-go workout gym.
Here are five moves that you can do with them:
1) Biceps curls: Stand on the band with your right foot. Take both ends and pull your hands to the shoulder and release slowly
2) Lateral shoulder lifts: Stand on the band and lift both arms sideways. Slowly release to the starting position.
3) Overhead triceps extensions: Raise your arms about the head. Pull the band towards the ceiling. Bring it back to the starting position to your shoulder.
4) Lateral side steps: Tie a bow around your knees. Step 30 steps to the left, 30 steps to the right and repeat 6x. This will focus on your bottom and your quadriceps.
5) Back rows: Strengthen your back. Place the rubber band around your feed and pulling towards your stomach. Keep your chest elevated. Slowly release and bring back to the starting position.
The options are endless. For the coverage on the "Summer Travel Workout" on CW11 The Morning News, click this link.
Stay focused and sweat.