You know how certain meals pair well with particular adult beverages? Filet mignon with a nice Bordeaux, for example. Chicken tetrazzini with a Chianti, perhaps. Burgers and brew. Whatever you ate out of cans in college and wine coolers. Anyway. Guess what? Certain TV shows pair well with particular adult beverages, too. Obviously. Just ask the folks from the Ommegang Brewery, who just came out with a new beer inspired by Game of Thrones called Iron Throne Blonde Ale. Winter is coming ... gotta stay warm!
So it makes total sense that a brewery finally figured out an old-style, puts hair on your chest ale would appeal to Game of Thrones fans. But we want to know what's taking all the other wineries and distilleries so long? ? Imagine how much fun it would be to get tipsy while you watched the tube if all of your favorite small-screen hits had their own designated drink! Here are a few of our fantasy pairings:
1. True Blood: Merciless Merlot
They already sell a soda version of the fictitious Tru Blood beverage, why not a deep red wine?
2. The Walking Dead: Red Bull-infused Vodka
Because after a long day of shooting zombies, you'd probably need a drink real bad -- but you'd still need to stay up all night keeping watch for walkers.
3. Real Housewives of Orange County: Pre-mixed martinis with blue cheese-stuffed olives.
Vicky invented that drink, you know. No, Gretchen did! (No, neither of them did!!)
4. Real Housewives of New York: Ramona's Pinot Grigio.
Which actually exists.
5. Real Housewives of New Jersey: Teresa's Famous Fabutini.
Now in a box with easy-pour spout!
6. Honey Boo Boo: Go Go GO Juice. Like Four Loko, except with a dash of Mountain Dew. Be sure to serve with 'sketti!
7. Sister Wives: Milk.
8. Dancing With the Stars: David Hasselhoff's "Sex Bomb."
Like a Jägerbomb (Germans love it!).
9. Keeping Up With the Kardashians (or any variation on the Kardashian theme): Khloe's Mind-Erasing Sparkling Wine.
Great for weddings! Especially your sister's big fake wedding!
10. Teen Mom: NO! Not unless you show some ID!
Which of these drinks would you like to try?
More from The Stir: