I thought of this topic a while ago, during my radio show, when one of the callers had a question regarding her life. While giving her an angel reading, I said, "You are the CEO of your life." She found that very insightful because she let out resounding "Oh." Then, there was a brief moment of silence where she was actually processing what I had just said to her. Heck, it was even profound to me because up until that point, I had never actually considered myself being the CEO of my life. The words just rolled off my tongue.
I did not think of myself as being in charge of any particular thing; instead, it was more like what was, is, and continue to be expected of me. Even in my spiritual work, I always say to Spirit, "How can I be of service?" But, there I was on air, for my radio show, channeling messages and, BOOM, the phrase "You are the CEO of your life" suddenly came to me!
So, what exactly does it mean to be the CEO of your life? Well, let's first define the role of a CEO!
A CEO is the Chief Executive Officer with the ability and the authority to make the executive decisions of an organization or business.
Personally, I'm grateful for my very supportive brother, Marcus, who has been supportive of my business from the very beginning!
So, get yourself a cup of your favorite delight, a pen, a pad, and think about how you can, consciously, take charge of your life!
• Make a decision as to who are the board members in your life; then handpick the people you go to before you make your final decisions - the ones you explain your goals to and so forth. Finally, make sure they are trustworthy people who want to see you thrive and be happy in what you choose to pursue and/or change in your life.
• Ask yourself what are the 'departments' you have in your life? In other words, you have different friends for different things with whom you dine, go to art exhibits, party, shop.. etc. It's best to know what roles people play in your life so that you are not expecting more from them than what they can offer.
• It is very important to also decide what executive decisions you must make! Are there people in your life that you need to release - to give them the pink slip! Is there something about yourself that needs to change? What planning and restructuring needs to be done?
• What is the purpose of your organization/life? This one may be a tough question to answer because you may be unsure of your purpose. No worries! You can start with thinking about the things you love to do or how you have helped other people in the past. For example, are you good at providing advice on matters of love? There is always talent just waiting to be discovered!
• What are your daily functions? My daily functions are communication and execution. I would suggest communicating with yourself, Spirit, and others each day to express your needs and wants and discover your daily functions. You can go into great detail or keep it simple with Spirit and others. You can just say to someone, "I would love it if the weather was warmer." Just be expressive and get that throat chakra going! By executing, you are living, you are doing! Don't day dream for too long! Come back to the physical world and direct your energy towards something good by doing something as simple as holding the door or complimenting someone!
• In addition, do not forget to ask yourself about your goals. Make short and long term goals. Work towards building a road map so that you will remain on track!
Remember, YOU are the CEO of your life and the world needs you now more than ever. It does not matter if you think you play a 'small' part in any situation because, we all have to start somewhere. It is from that place that we create a ripple effect surpassing anything imaginable.
This post was originally published on thevioletsanctuaryspa.blogspot.com.