When I was a little girl, I watched Walt Disney's animated version of Alice in Wonderland, and was completely mesmerized by the tale. A cute white rabbit, a sinister purple cat, a hookah-smoking caterpillar -- I mean, who wouldn't be enthralled? Plus, these eerie creatures talked! I was in awe of the characters, not to mention a little bit spooked.
Fast forward nearly two decades later, I'm still a little spooked but also at the edge of my seat for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland sequel, which hits theaters March 5. Aside from my major crush on Johnny Depp, who plays the Mad Hatter in the highly anticipated film, I'm also inspired by the movie's whimsical style.
I hunted for some fantasy finds to add to my fashion repertoire in the Alice in Wonderland spirit. Here's what I discovered (from left):
• Frosted Fleur De Lis Perfume Bottle ($23.49 at Overstock.com): This fragrance's fancy rhinestone-accented bottle belongs on a queen's dresser.
• Meredith Leigh Silver Rhodolite and Diamond Crown Key Necklace ($69.99 at Overstock.com): This crowned key reminds of the one Alice used to get into her wonder world.
• Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows (currently out of stock at UrbanDecay.com, but keep checking): This dreamy palette will transform your beauty in no time. Just choose from 16 fun eye shadows with names like "White Rabbit," "Jabberwocky," and "Oraculum."
• Dufonte by Lucien Piccard Stallion Horses Watch ($44.99 at Overstock.com): Don't be late for very important dates like White Rabbit. Use this pocket watch to stay on time.
• Danger Lilly Alice in Wonderland Inspired Baby Blue Satin and Lace Top Hat ($45 at Unique-Vintage.com): You might not act like the Mad Hatter, but you might go mad for this fab top hat. Sport it with any casual ensemble in your wardrobe to add some quirkiness to your outfit.
• Mad Hatter Orange and Blue Short Beaded Strapless Dress ($400 at Unique-Vintage.com): Want to stand out at prom? This out-of-this-world party dress will have all eyes on you... in a good way!
What do you think of whimsical style? Are you going to rock it?